We teach from April to October, 7 days a week. The winter is just too cold and we have found not productive for learning. Though if you feel hardy enough let us know and we can teach you! Weekends do book up quickly, so book early to avoid dissapointment. Timings for lessons vary depending on wind and tide conditions, but we will let you know your personal timings when you book.
As much as we would love to control the weather, unfortunately we cannot meaning on occasions we will need to postpone your lesson to the next available day. If you are coming on holiday we recommend booking your lesson for the beginning of your stay to give us a few days to play with if the weather does not play ball. If you do not manage to complete your course we supply you with a voucher valid for the rest of the season.
We supply all of the kite equipment including full safety protection, though please feel free to bring your own if you have any. We also supply top of the range winter wetsuits for all our water courses. Please note these are sized S to XL, if you require a different size they are available to hire from the local surf shop in Westward Ho! town. We do not supply booties, but do have some for sale if you get cold toes. Aside from that, warm clothes, a towel, water, packed lunch, suncream and sunglasses are a must. Sturdy footwear and a spare change of clothes is recommended for all land based lessons. Please also bring your booking confirmation/voucher and completed disclaimer.
Yes! And you will be surprised how quickly they pick it up! We do need to take great care with the conditions when teaching children as too much wind happens a lot quicker for riders under 50KGs. For our water courses, all students under 18 will need their parent/guardian with them on the water. We do recommend private lessons for children due to different sized equipment used, and a full day course can often be too much for the younger rider. Please contact us for any further questions about younger kite surfers.
514 Elemental adheres to the strictest of safety guidelines set out by the national governing body, the British Kitesports Association (BKSA). All our instructors are BKSA qualified and we require at least 3 years of personal riding experience to join the team. Kitesurfing has in the past had some bad press, but the past few years have seen a massive change in kite design meaning things are ten times safer and easier then they were only a few years ago.
All our 514Elemental lesson vouchers are valid for the entire season in which they are purchased (April-October) so there is plenty of time for that lesson. Please make sure you book your lesson with plenty of time as slots do book up, and on occasions we do need to rearrange due to unfavourable conditions. Lessons are not transferable to the next season and refunds are not permitted.
This site is owned and operated by 514Elemental Ltd.
Ownership of rights All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to 514Elemental. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of 514Elemental.
2) All booking fees and lessons must be used within a that calendar years teaching season (April-October) from the initial booking date and lessons/vouchers are not refunded if not used.
3) By paying for a lesson you are deemed to have agreed to our terms and conditions and that you have no health conditions that may make kiteboarding hazardous for yourself or others. Also that your general fitness is good and you are comfortable in the water being able to swim 100 meters unaided.
4) Lessons booked online are subject to availability. All lessons are taken with other students, unless you have opted to go private.
5) Once a lesson date has been agreed, they are non-transferable unless we are contacted no later than ten days before the lesson is due to start. In this case we will move it to a mutually agreeable date as refunds are not possible. Cancellations less than ten days from when the course commences will be liable for full payment.
6) Lessons will start at the arranged time and on time – if you are late or do not attend your lesson you will be charged the full rate.
7) 514Elemental will make all decisions regarding how the lesson is run and if and when the lessons should be ended. The instructor may end the lesson for any reason but if the weather fails then we will make arrangements for your remaining time to be completed another day.
8) 514Elemental has full public liability insurance but students must be aware that kitesurfing is potentially dangerous and is undertaken at your own risk. We do not cover you for personal accident and injury so you should take out your own personal accident insurance to cover kitesurfing.
9) After you make the payment online we will send an email confirming the lesson date and time. Attached to this will be a information pack, lesson guidelines and a legal disclaimer that you must fill in and bring on the first day of your course.
All payments taken by 514Elemental will be conducted using one of our payment services. We use Stripe, Square, Worldpay and Paypal. So never fear your information will be safe at all times with these industry leading payment gateway and terminal providers.